Sunday 8 March 2015

Please give this a quick read...

Good afternoon readers of the blog!

I hope you are all chipper and enjoying lots of Doctor Who!

In May I will be doing a skydive to raise money for the charity that I volunteer for, Age Concern Eastbourne. It is a charity that is very close to my heart because I have gotten to know the clients over the past 12 months of befriending and helping to run the day club. They are very lovely, very gentle, very lonely old people who come together once a week to find some companionship and have an enjoyable day. For many of them it is their only respite from a very lonely week. I also visit people in their homes and give them a few hours of my time, something that is so easy for me to give but so precious to them. Just to feel valued.

I'm not trying to change the world with my charity work. But I can make a difference to the people in my life and with enough money raised we can buy the Day Club clients birthday and Christmas presents and take them out to nice places. They really are incredible people and they deserve it.

I am here with my cap in hand to ask if anybody would be willing donate for the skydive. I have never wanted this site to generate any kind of money for myself because I enjoy writing for it so much but if you have been reading and enjoyed the reviews here and are willing to donate even a pound towards ACE I would be extremely grateful. I don't want to jump out of a plane for nothing!

Below is the link where you can read more about the work we do and have the opportunity to donate. Thank you so much for taking the time to read this. Massive hugs.

Oh and please leave your name if you do donate, so I can thank you personally! Somebody has already donated anonymously!

https://www.justgiving.com/AgeConcernSkydive/

                                     




No comments: